Dear Enchanted Journeyers,
We’re about to embark on a month-long journey into stress! The relief and management of it, that is. We begin the cycle of explorations into Stress, Dragons, and the Ten Enchanted Keys. I’ll share valuable information and will offer prompts so you can assess your position on the path, get a heads-up about where Dragons hide and are waiting to spring out at you, along with tips on how to use the Keys to unlock your possibilities as you make your journey through life more enchanting.
Onward toward stress!
10 things that you might not realize create stress for you (and what to do about them)
- Being scattered by not paying attention to the present. What to do? Learn to use Enchanted Key #1-Mindfulness. Breathe. Slow yourself down and be where you are, rather than in the past or the future.
- Being narrow-minded or inflexible in your thoughts. Learn to use Enchanted Key #2-Altered Perceptions. Consider how you might look at things differently. Let go of defending your beliefs and position and allow yourself to hear what others think.
- Bottling up your thoughts and feelings is stressful. Learn to use Enchanted Key #3-Journaling. Write down what’s on your mind, rather than ruminating in the middle of the night or using your mind and body as a waste receptacle for negativity.
- Rushing through life and bypassing the beauty. Learn to use Enchanted Key #4-Sensory Experiences. Slow it down to savor life’s moments by immersing yourself in pleasurable sights, sounds, scents, tastes and textures.
- Having clutter in your physical space, as well as your thoughts, feelings, relationships, etc. Learn to use Enchanted Key #5-Reduced Clutter to clear your space. Listen to your mother and clean your room! Clear negative relationships from your life as well as toxic food and chemicals. Get organized and you’ll feel calmer.
- Stay grumpy! Believe it or not, it takes a toll on you as well as others. Learn how to use Enchanted Key #6-Humor. Look for things to make you laugh! Watch funny movies or television shows or hang out with children and pets. They are natural comedians.
- Be a couch potato. You might think that there’s no stress in sitting still. Think again! Learn to use Enchanted Key #7-Movement. This offers relief in the form of endorphins, increased circulation (to your brain also so new ideas are generated) and gets you in the zone and toned.
- Stifle your creativity. Learn to use Enchanted Key #8-Art. Your Dragons are likely screaming to you right now. They’re telling you that you’re not at artist, or if you are, that you’re not a good one. Creativity is not only confined to painting a picture you know. I’ll help you discover your artistic self.
- Stay inside! Learn to use Enchanted Key #9-Connection to Nature. Some sunshine on your face replenishes Vitamin D levels and being outside, in general, joins you to the greater universe and all living things, human and otherwise, as you skip through fields and woodlands like the free spirit you are meant to be.
- Scramble your thoughts and stay busy 24/7. Learn to use Enchanted Key #10-Meditation. I’ll teach you many paths toward meditation, which is just focused attention that allows for a peaceful and relaxed state of being.
The problems and the solutions, all right here each week on the Enchanted Blog!
Let the journey begin…
Thank you to our son, who is grown now, for allowing me to use this photo. We taught him happy face, mad face, sad face, surprised face, scared face and stressed face. He used to do this stressed face randomly on his own, just to make us laugh. And it always did. It still does.