Stress busting journaler needed. Apply here.
Greetings, Enchanted Journeyers, and welcome to Week 11 of 2016, and exploration of our Enchanted Key of the Month, #3-Journaling. I hope you haven’t let the Dragons drag on you and convince you that buying, creating, or looking at your journal is too much work. Phooey! I say. Remember, you can put pen to paper and that is sufficient to create a stress busting journal.
I offered suggestions about the kinds of journals to create, such as Gratitude, Travel, Goals for the Year, Chronicles of the Day, etc. but I’m going to offer you prompts to get you started with your stress busting journal.
Imagine you have a Luke Skywalker wand and scan yourself to determine what kind of stress you’ve got. In our complicated society, you know there is more than one kind, and you have to get clear on where you are so that you know where you’re going and what it will take to get there.
Stress can be external: in the form of environmental, nutritional and physical, or internal: with emotional and attitudinal imbalances. Get your wand or step under the stress detector and let’s see what you’ve got.
My self-help book, The Enchanted Journey: Finding the Key That Unlocks You, assists you with assessing your individualized sources of stress and offers ideas for your plan to banish stress and create life as an enchanted journey. It comes in book or Kindle version at Amazon.com, or if you want a signed version, follow this link.
Here is a prompt taken from my book, to help you begin:
Are you suffering from external stress? Is it the “good” (eustress) like a promotion, marriage, or birth of a child, or “bad” (distress) variety?
- How about environmental stress? Toxins or clutter?
- List your nutritional stress. What percentage of your diet includes healthy choices? Do you abuse drugs, alcohol, or tobacco? Do you eat too many fatty foods or too much salt? Are you drinking enough water? (Divide your weight in half and that’s how many ounces of water/healthy fluids you’re supposed to consume daily.)
- What kind of physical stress do you have? How have you been sleeping lately? Is your body’s elimination of waste in balance? Are you carrying any tension in your body right now? Where?
- How are you doing internally? Are your emotions or attitudes whacked out? Is your emotional stress temporary or on-going?
- What Dragons are chasing you this week?
- Have you ever been chased by that Dragon before?
Once you get the YOU ARE HERE information, you can begin to walk in the direction of your dreams. You’ll use the Enchanted Keys to unlock your possibilities.
So have at it! See what you discover on your journey into you.
Of course please share with us by posting a comment on The Enchanted Blog. Your discoveries are often also ours!