Make dreams come true. What do you want?
Tough question, isn’t it?
When asked what people don’t want, they are quick to answer. But when I ask people what they truly want, there are compressed lips, furrowed brows and lots of sighing. Then the usual responses include: “world peace,” (first, so they don’t sound self-absorbed and greedy), followed by “to win the lottery,” “good health” etc.
Maybe you’ve been procrastinating with creating your vision board. That’s okay. Let’s look for another way in.
We can still use Enchanted Key #1-Mindfulness to help get to the root of what your secret heart desires.
If you don’t know where you are going, how do you expect to get there?
Let’s create a map. So where do you want to go in 2016? I don’t mean seeing the castles in Ireland, (which sounds like a wonderful thing to do,) but where do you want to be in life? What aspects of yourself do you wish to change and how can you make your life more enchanting?
That’s usually where the dreams begin and end. If you’ve allowed yourself to consider what would make your life healthier, more abundant or more fun but you don’t add how or when, then it’s less likely to actually happen.
THE NEXT STEPS ARE VERY IMPORTANT!!
- Use the Mindfulness Key to get clear.
- Write out your specific changes.
- What steps do you need to take to implement these changes?
- Add them to your calendar.
Here’s how it works:
- Quiet yourself and listen to what makes your heart sing. Ponder how your life can be more enchanting.
- Write out the changes you want to pursue, and be very specific.
- Create accountability for your dreams. How do you plan to make them happen? Let’s say you want to exercise more, get a raise at work, and spend more quality time with your friends. What does “exercising more” look like? Is it walking around the block each day when you return home from work? Is it signing up for a group fitness class once a week? What does it really mean? What would you have to do in order to “get a raise” at work? What if you organize a group that moves the company toward achieving goal? Maybe you ask to spearhead a project. Think about what you can bring to the table, not just that you would like to have more money. Does spending more time with your friends mean seeing them in person more often than connecting with them online? Does it suggest you want to schedule monthly get togethers? Perhaps you only see them in the context of each of your families and you want some one-on-one time with your BFFs. What exactly does it mean?
- Make a concrete mark on your calendar for when these things will be implemented, such as the exercise daily or weekly, the steps you will take each day toward the raise, and when you will schedule visits with your friends.
Please post a comment on the Enchanted Blog. We all want to cheer you on in making 2016 the best it can be!