Feet and Their Care-Pamper Those Tired Dogs
Feet, and caring for them, is the topic of enchantment this week. Our sweet feet do a lot for us. They transport us everywhere, they dance, they let us ladies wedge them into unnatural shapes to make our legs look great in our coordinating shoes. Our tootsies do their part to keep us on the treadmill, burning calories, working our cardio jam, and helping us balance with a wide wheel base.
So we need to show them some love. Here are ten things that you girls or guys can do to pamper and care for your feet.
Ten Things To Do To Pamper and Care For Your Feet
- Wash them thoroughly each day in warm, soapy water and dry them completely.
- Moisturize them with a soothing cream containing essential oils of chamomile or lavender or with an invigorating oil of peppermint.
- Massage those tired puppies when you apply the moisturizer and get the circulation moving, rubbing away any tension spots.
- Check toenails regularly to be sure they are trimmed and smooth. While they grow more slowly than fingernails, (fingernails grow about 3-4 times faster than toenails), once they start to extend past the edge of the skin, they can press against shoes and cause problems or pain.
- Alternate shoes so that you don’t wear the same pair several days in a row.
- Let your feet and your shoes breathe. (You can put a drop or two of a pleasant smelling essential oil on a cotton ball and place it inside of your shoes overnight.)
- Your shoes should be made of natural or breathable materials.
- Make sure the seams on your socks or leggings aren’t pressing into your feet and leaving a pressure mark.
- If you wear toenail polish, give your nails a break and let them go natural for regular periods of time.
- Mindfully walk gently on the earth so your feet don’t take a pounding.
Take care of your feet and they will take care of you.
For our Enchanted Breath today, put your feet up! Close your eyes, take several deep breaths in and out and send love and gratitude to your feet. Wiggle your toes. Flex and point your feet. Roll your foot around in one direction and then the other then let them relax naturally.
They have miles to go this holiday season. Make them feel loved.
Enchanted Breaths are the “ahh, the haha, and the aha! of life.”