Beauty-What Makes You Beautiful?
Beauty, in all the ways that you’re beautiful, is the subject of our Enchanted Key to Altered Perceptions today. Let’s begin with a definition of what you think is beautiful. Often we look outside of ourselves to define this.
We can appreciate beauty in Mother Nature, fabrics, jewels, and in poetry and music. What we don’t do often enough is stop to consider what it is about those things that move us. In using our Enchanted Key to Altered Perceptions, we can work toward imbuing ourselves with those qualities.
For instance, if you love jewels because of their sparkly brilliance, you can meditate on ways to sparkle in your personality. If you are moved by classic beauty, contemplating how to incorporate that into your wardrobe, choice of music, and language may become your focus. It is the process of becoming that which you already find beautiful in the outside world.
Take a minute to think about someone that you find physically beautiful. It can be a friend of yours or a celebrity. What makes them beautiful in your eye? Is it flawless skin or is it a twinkle in their eyes or is it due to a kindness that they possess that oozes from their essence? What qualities do you find attractive that arise from inside beauty? What characteristics or qualities in yourself are beautiful?
5 Things To Do To Feel Physically Beautiful
- PRACTICE GOOD HYGIENE Brush your teeth and tongue, wash your face and hair, shower, exfoliate dead skin, and wear clean clothes that aren’t in need of repair. It feels awful when you know there’s a button missing and your shirt gapes open. Discard socks with holes and sneakers with no tread.
- GROOM YOUR NAILS You don’t have to go to a salon or even wear polish to keep your fingernails and toenails looking beautiful. Make sure your nails are clean, evenly trimmed, and smooth.
- PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR HAIR You know when you start to feel and/or look like a wildebeest. You pull out the baseball cap or shove your hair back with the twist tie from your celery. Instead, if you color your hair, schedule regular appointments and keep your hair freshly trimmed with each season. Show it some love at home, with coconut oil treatments if it’s dry.
- GOOD NUTRITION You’d be surprised how much good nutrition shows up as beauty in your body! Eating right and staying hydrated clears toxins that can dull your skin. Cutting sugar and dairy out, or at least limiting it, gives you more energy, which is always beautiful. Dairy increases inflammation and contributes to puffiness around eyes and belly.
- ADD COLOR TO YOUR WARDROBE Make sure there’s some color in your wardrobe, especially your favorite color! You may notice you’ve accumulated a lot of black outfits because you think they’re slimming or you’ve been a bit down and black reflected your mood. Except for the little black dress, limit your wearing of black unless you feel totally beautiful in it.
5 Things To Do To Feel Beautiful on the Inside
- MEDITATE Quiet your mind and get in touch with what truly matters to you. Put your attention on those things.
- SMILE The physical act of smiling actually affects our mood. Try it.
- CONNECT WITH OTHERS MEANINGFULLY Even if you’re in one-time encounters with grocery clerks or someone in yoga class, make it matter. Smile. Look into their eyes, and speak your truth gently. Put a positive spin on it.
- HONOR YOUR BOUNDARIES OF SELF-CARE Don’t surround yourself with toxic people. Instead, find a community of people who are kind and aligned. They’re your tribe. Eat healthfully, get enough sleep, and learn to stress less
- BE LOVE. SPREAD LOVE There’s nothing more beautiful than that.
Have a beautiful and enchanting week!